Friday, January 22, 2010

Sea Swells

I've had some emails asking me where I am currently and what the weather is like on the ship. Currently I am in the middle of the Pacific Ocean on my way to Hawaii. The seas are ridiculously choppy, and we frequently have massive swells. So much so that my parent's bed slides around the room. i think of it kind of like a continuous roller coaster. Or at least like that viking ship that goes up and down. The reason this is happening so often is because the low pressure in the oceans here is the worst its been since recorded in 1800. Also, we narrowly avoided the massive hurricane-like storm that is currently pummeling the California coast. And two other storms seem to be just behind it. Hawaii however apparently has beautiful weather, so hopefully that's something I have to look forward to. It seems I spoke to soon earlier about fairing well during class in regards to being stable. I have fallen out of my seat multiple times and frequently into other people's laps. I'm working on packing on the pounds to keep myself grounded a little bit more. We'll see how it goes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment