Thursday, January 7, 2010

FAQ

Ok, so this is my first official post! I'm starting this blog because, come January 13th, I will be embarking on the Spring 2010 Semester at Sea Voyage. This is for all my friends who want to follow where I am and what I'm doing. hopefully I won't slack off on posting (at least I tell myself I won't!) and it will hopefully give good insight into what I'm doing around the world. When people learn that I won't be at UVA for the second semester they frequently have the same questions, so I will try to answer as many as I can here on my blog. Hope this helps!

When are you leaving?
I leave to fly out on January 11 to fly to San Diego. I come back to Cville May 6.

What's your itinerary?
I board the ship in San Diego with my family on January 13, but the actual program starts on January 17 in Ensenada, Mexico. That's where all the other students will meet up. We then travel to Hawaii, Japan, China, Vietnam, India, Mauritius, South Africa, Ghana, and Brazil. We come back to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

What about your roommate?
I'm really sad to be leaving my roommate at UVA :( Love you Ashley! And I don't know who my roommate will be on the ship until we both get there, but I'm sure she'll be fun too!

Is it weird your whole family is going?
I'd be lying if I said no. But it's a pretty great opportunity, and I'm getting excited about it.

What's a Wharf Rat?
A wharf rat is a rat or a slang name for someone who stows away on ships on each port. I thought it was a clever name for my blog and I hope you all enjoy it! Feel free to follow me; I'd love to share my adventures with everyone!

Also, comments are definitely welcomed and encouraged! I'd love to answer questions, or have general discussions with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment