Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Golden State

Just settled into our hotel for the night in San Diego, and my, my is it gorgeous here! Just 12 or so hours ago I was freezing in Virginia (don't miss that snow one bit!) and now I'm relaxing on the balcony of our hotel room soaking up the sun. It's clear why they nicknamed California "The Golden State." It seems the sun knows no rest in the winter for it's 67 degrees outside! However I have to say, there is something I like about winter. Perhaps this is sad or a bit morbid, but I like it when the bees die. Most of them don't survive the winter, but in the summer I'm slightly afraid of the black and yellow things. They seem innocent in the "baby bumble bee" song, but up close they probably are just seeking revenge for pickin' up, squishin' and lickin' up the little baby bumble bees with their all-too-large stingers. In California... These little terrors don't seem to die. They were swarming around while we waited for a shuttle just outside the baggage claim and I, to say the least, was less than thrilled. But it seems that might be the only flaw of California so far. The sun sets in about 2 hours and I'm hoping to catch a few rays on the beach in between. Tomorrow we board the ship and set sail!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment