Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yokohama, Japan


For those of you who know me well, you know that I am secretly asian. Ever since I was little I have been fascinated with Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc culture. So when we sailed up to Yokohama port, it felt more like I was coming home to my long lost country rather than a place I would be visiting for 5 days. I think it felt better waking up and seeing land than it did waking up on christmas morning!

Japan has been everything I expected and more! I met Alisa, my roommate from HSD (Japanese camp) and she took me to the main teen shopping area in Tokyo called Shibuya. The fashion here ranges from gothic to bright colors to frilly clothing that resembles Marie Antionette (but with mini skirts.) In addition to taking me shopping Alisa showed me around Tokyo a bit, taught me how to use the train system, and took super cute pictures with me. However the machines that take you pictures make your eyes very big, so I look a little cartoonish. Tokyo is much like NYC but eveytging is written in Japanese, which I have no I have no idea how to read. It was sort of a blind adventure.

Although I am here for 5 days, the days are packed o the brim and there is so much I would like to share with you all, so I am going to write multiple blog entries on different topics. I hope you enjoy! (This blog is also acting as a mini journal for myself.) also, pictures will be added to the blog when I get better Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment